- Figure out how to love doing philosophy again. This came naturally to me a few years ago (the cessation coincides with my move to Princeton, I wonder why?), but I feel lost now. My goal is to narrow in on my dissertation topic by the year's end.
- Learn ways of coping with my impatience and bad temper. My emotional eruptions are detrimental to my relationships and to my own personal well being. My goal is foster a healthier way to channel extra energy (running and cross-training?) so that I am able to be more patient.
- Be more giving and others-oriented. I tend to lose sight of the needs of others often. I sometimes struggle to see beyond my own perspective. My goal is to dedicate time (not just money!) to other people. Right now I plan on doing this by knitting hats for others because it is necessarily time consuming, but I want to also volunteer at more races. I think I will aim for knitting one hat per month and volunteering at one race every other month.
- Improve my work ethic! It sucks. My goal is to get my butt to the campus library three days per week during the semester.
- Let myself enjoy learning again. Now that I'm working on my PhD school feels like a job. But I used to see it as an opportunity. And that's really what it is. It's an opportunity to improve myself and see things I didn't even know existed. My goal is to take one class each semester that I would never have taken in college and certainly haven't taken since. (I already signed up for Introduction to Drawing for this semester!)
Cheers to new endeavors!
And cheers to wearing sweatpants under dresses!
We had a wonderful 2012. It went out with a bang. And we hope you had a great year, too!